Research shows that breakfast eaters perform better in the classroom, miss fewer days of school, have better hand–eye coordination, and maintain their weight better. August is the month when a new school year starts. Make a new school year resolution to start feeding healthier breakfast to your children!
If time is an issue in your house, try some of these easy-to-prepare breakfasts:
- A slice of whole wheat bread topped with mashed beans and sour cream.
- Dry cereal mixed with plain yogurt
- Frozen waffles topped with peanut butter
- String cheese rolled in a whole wheat tortilla
- A whole wheat pita stuffed with egg salad
- A slice of whole wheat bread with sour cream
- Scrambled eggs on a whole corn tortilla
- Corn tortilla with sour cream