Master Gardener Volunteer Monthly Educational Meetings
- Thursday, May 1, 1:30-2:30pm, Monthly Master Gardener Educational Meeting. Mounts Auditorium ‘Tropical Flower Arranging Tips’ by Emma McHugh. Master Gardeners attending this hands-on flower arranging demonstration program….please bring your own materials for this class. Bring your own medium vase and a feature set of your own tropical flowers and a secondary set of flowers and a set of greens and pruners.
- Master Gardener Advisory Meeting, May 1. Immediately following the Master Gardener monthly educational meeting 2:45-4:00pm Mounts Conference Room. MG Advisory-Laurie Albrecht; Uma Bhatti; Jim Davidson; Stan Davidson; Adrienne Deutsch; Larry Grosser; Eleanor Heslin; Charles Holzschuh; Teri Jabour; Dr. Ken Pernezny; Arthur Rose; Mary Simmons.
- Next Month Thursday, June 5, 1:30-2:30pm, Monthly Master Gardener Educational Meeting. Mounts Auditorium ‘Vultures’ by Palm Beach County Master Gardener Sydelle Dombrowsky, Green Cay Nature Center 2012 Distinguished Adult Achievement Award Winner.
- The Mounts Botanical Garden Guild Nursery is open Monday and Thursday mornings 9-12:00pm. Stop by and shop the nursery for great plants propagated from the Mounts Botanical Garden. If you can’t make the trip to the Guild during the week…you can still purchase from an assortment of Guild nursery plants available at the Mounts Garden Bookstore open weekends Sat 10am-4pm and Sunday 12pm-4pm.
- Thank You to all the Master Gardener Volunteers and Trainees who assisted with the Mounts Spring Plant Sale Saturday, April 26th and Sunday, April 27th.
Mounts Botanical Garden Educational Programs:
- Lawn Care 101:The Florida-Friendly™ Lawn, Saturday, May 3, 9:00am–12:30pm. Mounts Auditorium Member: $35; Non-Member: $40 Laurie Albrecht, PBC Environmental Horticulture Agent Discover how to have a healthier lawn while protecting South Florida’s natural resources. You’ll get the scoop on how to mow, fertilize and irrigate properly, as well as how to help prevent, diagnose and treat common lawn problems. Included: tips on how to do-it-yourself and how to hire a lawn care professional. Information call 561-233-1757.
- Urban Farming: Basic Beekeeping & Raising Backyard Chickens Saturday, May 24, 9:00am – 12:00pm. Exhibit Hall A Members: $35; Non-Members: $40 PBC Beekeepers & Lisa James, Mounts Volunteer Coordinator Bee aware! Discover the importance of bees in our everyday lives and learn the basics of beekeeping. Stay on for the second part of our program on how to raise backyard chickens for fun and fresh eggs. Mounts’ very own Lisa James will entertain you with tales from her poultry-raising days in New Mexico and Florida. She’ll cover the local laws, offer how-to advice, and provide tips on how to make friends with your neighbors. (Hint: promise no roosters and offer free eggs!) Information call 561-233-1757.
- Growing Fabulous Fruits Saturday, June 7, 9:00am–12:30pm. Mounts Auditorium Member: $35; Non-Member: $40 Grow tropical fruits in your backyard and in containers. Come back for our Tropical Fruit Fest on June 28th to purchase great fruit trees, sample fine fruits, and learn more about fruitscaping in Florida.
- You Can Repot Your Orchid! Saturday, June 14, 10:00am–1:00pm. Members: $35; Non-Members: $40 Mounts Auditorium Sandi Wells, Broward Orchid Supply Gain the confidence you need to repot your orchids. Bring an overgrown orchid in up to an 8” pot to practice on in class. Additional costs apply for oversized specimens. Stock up on supplies after the class. Class limit: 20.
Fall 2014 Master Gardener Training Program begins February 26, 2004!
click here for schedule
Master Gardener Volunteer Program
531 N. Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL 33415