Purpose: Provides a dignified burial/cremation to eligible citizens of Palm Beach County who meet the eligibility requirements.
I. What do I need to apply?
Two forms of identification are required for each household member.
For each adult household member the following is required:
- A Picture Identification Card
- Social Security Card
For individuals under the age of eighteen (18), the following information is required:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
Other information may be required to include but not limited to the following:
- Alien Registration Card (Current)
- Employment Permit
- Voters Registration Card
- Current School Records
- Certificate of Naturalization
II. Income verification - income is verified for the past three (3) months. Individual must be at or below 110% of the Federal Poverty Level Income Guidelines- FPLG (click here to access current FPLG). If an individual is under 18 years of age, the case is opened in the name of a parent. Verification of gross income includes, but is not limited to:
- check stubs, W-2, or current income tax statement
- a print-out sheet from Work And Gain Economic Sufficiency (WAGES) or 3 months of WAGES check stubs.
- a statement and/or wage form completed by past employers.
- a print out sheet from unemployment compensation
- verification of benefits from the Social Security Office.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Social Security Act (SSA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- documentation of child support
- documentation of alimony
- documentation of veteran benefits
- documentation of pension benefits
III. Assets - individual/family assets must not exceed $2000.00 for an individual or $3000.00 for a family.
Note: Where possible assets are defined as any tangible item of value excluding homestead property and primary car and/or those assets defined through WAGES, as appropriate. Primary car is one that is used for medical, educational and employment purposes.
- checking and/or savings account statement over the past three (3) months
- property tax statement
- legal description of property verified by Property Appraiser's Officed. Proof of stocks and bonds
- proof of certificate of deposit
- proof of cash surrender value of life insurance policy(ies)
IV. Residency - the individual/family shall be a resident of Palm Beach County.
- voter registration card
- current property tax bill
- current lease/rent receipt
- utility bills
- current mortgage statement
- current vehicle registration
- local school registration, or
- other appropriate documents
V. Legal status - the individual/family must provide documentation of legal status.
- I-9 (employment authorization)
- green card
- Social Security card
- birth certificate
VI. Who can apply?
- Anyone can apply, including family members, friends and funeral homes. An application packet may be downloaded by clicking here . It may be completed on-line and printed out. It cannot be submitted on-line nor can a copy be saved to your computer.
VII. How long does the process take?
- Once the applicant completes all the paperwork the social worker can advise of eligibility. If eligible, payments are made directly to the vendor.