Find a Natural Area
Natural Areas Program
*Natural areas with public use facilities
All Palm Beach County natural areas are publicly-owned and are open for passive, natural resource-based recreational public uses such as hiking, bird watching, nature study and photography. Other recreational uses, as authorized under the Natural Areas Ordinance (Chapter 11, Article XI of the Palm Beach County Code), may be permitted in designated areas on a site-specific basis. Certain natural areas may be temporarily closed for environmental restoration activities and/or other public safety issues. Users should confirm that the natural area they plan to visit has existing public use facilities which match the users proposed activity; not all natural areas are readily accessible or have existing public use facilities such as a parking area, accessible trails, natural-surfaced walking paths, trail markers, and/or information kiosks.
- Join us for the next Outdoor Photography Workshop March 21st at Winding Waters Natural Area [PDF]
- Read the latest edition of Environmental Times, Winter 2013 [PDF]
- Hot off the press and just in time for the New Year, the 2014 ERM Calendar [PDF]
- Read the October 2013 Lake Worth Lagoon E-News.
- See what it's like under the water in Lake Worth Lagoon. [VIDEO]
- Check out ERM's latest national award for environmental protection. [LINK]
- Stay up to date on our projects with the Department's Monthly Status Reports. [LINK]