ERM has created maps of our natural areas and reefs that are viewable on most mobile devices. The natural area maps shows the outline boundary of the natural area along with the hiking/nature trails and public use facilities. The reef maps show the location of both natural and artificial reefs. If your mobile device has a GPS (most do), you'll be able to see your location on the map.
The map is available through the free ArcGIS map app by Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI). This app is available on the iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone 7 mobile devices.
- In App Store, download the free ESRI ArcGIS app.
- Once installed, select the following links for the maps:
Natural Areas Map
- Alternatively, in the app, select the "Find Maps" icon, (magnifying glass on top of a map) and type ERM.
- Select the map you would like to download.
- Click each pin for further information.
Please note the functionality and features of the app vary with each mobile operating system and type. The links above will only work on mobile devices that have the ArcGIS application.
Current Highlights and Upcoming Events
- Hungryland Slough Natural Area - REOPENED
- Lake Worth Lagoon Initiative Grant Program
Now accepting applications for FY 2017. Deadline to submit is August 15, 2016. [LINK]
- Pawpaw Preserve - UPDATE
The Pawpaw Preserve Natural Area draft management plan is now available for public review. Public comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org,or can be provided at the May 26, 2016 Public Hearing and Open House. Click on the link for time and location. [LINK]
- Adventure Awaits - Sunrise Hike, May 7th 6:30am
Join us for a guided hike through Cypress Creek Natural Area in Jupiter. For more details and to reserve your spot, click on the link to the event page. [EVENT PAGE]
- Adventure Awaits - Firewalk, The Spark of Life, May 24th 5:30pm
Join us at Sweetbay Natural Area in Palm Beach Gardens for this guided hike. For more details and to reserve your spot, visit the event page. [EVENT PAGE]
- Adventure Awaits - Namaste, Yoga in the Natural Areas, May 25th 6:30pm
Join us at Yamato Scrub Natural Area in Boca Raton for this unique experience. For more details and to reserve your spot, visit the event page. [EVENT PAGE]
- Lake Worth Lagoon Fishing Challenge, June 1st - 30th
Interested in helping collect valuable fisheries information while getting a chance to win a prize? If so, you'll want to participate in this free fishing event. Visit the web page for details. [LINK]
- Running Wild, June 4th 7:00am
Run with ERM at Loxahatchee Slough Natural Area will cover approximately 10 miles and take participants through a variety of habitats on a combination of hardened and primitive trails. For more details and to reserve your spot, visit the event page. [EVENT PAGE]
- Adventure Awaits - Sunset Photography Workshop, June 10th 6:00pm
Take part in a guided photography tour of Winding Waters Natural Area in West Palm Beach. For more details and to reserve your spot, visit the event page. [EVENT PAGE]
- Adventure Awaits - Sunset Paddle, June 15th 5:30pm
Come paddle with ERM staff to Fullerton Island in Jupiter as the sun sets over this recently restored 12 acre maritime hammock island with newly created seagrass and mangrove habitat. For more details and to reserve your spot, visit the event page. [EVENT PAGE]
- Adventure Awaits - Growing Up Wild, Connecting Kids to Nature, June 18th 9:00am
ERM staff will lead you and your child on a guided walk through the woods at Royal Palm Beach Pines Natural Area highlighting points of interest associated with "Birds in Your Backyard" followed by an arts and crafts project each child can take home. For more details and to reserve your spot, visit the event page.
- Adventure Awaits - Bike and Hike, June 25th 8:00am
Discover the trails of Loxahatchee Slough with ERM staff during this unique tour that incorporates cycling and hiking. For more details and to reserve your spot, visit the event page.
- Environmental Times Newsletter
Read the latest edition Spring 2016 for highlights on artificial reefs, climate change, LagoonFest and more. [LINK]
- Volunteer Accomplishments in 2015
See what ERM's volunteers were up to in 2015. [PDF]
- Mosquito Control Update - Zika Virus
While ERM's Mosquito Control Division is hard at work taking proactive steps to reducing mosquito popluations learn how you can protect yourself and reduce your exposure to mosquitoe-borne diseases. [PDF]
- Scavenger Hunts
Are available at several natural areas for youngsters to complete to recieve their Natural Area Youth Explorer certificate.
- ERM's Status Reports
Stay up to date on our projects with these monthly publications. [LINK]