P.O. Box 1989
West Palm Beach, FL 33402-1989
FAX: (561) 355-3819
Palm Beach County
Board of County
Mary Lou Berger
Hal R. Valeche
Steven L. Abrams
Priscilla A. Taylor
Verdenia C. Baker
"An equal opportunity
Affirmative Action Employer"
Electronic Press Release
Palm Beach County Emergency Management Participating in Flood and Hurricane Expo
For immediate release: June 7, 2012
Contact: Public Affairs Department 561-355-2754
The 2012 Flood & Hurricane Expo will take place at the Boynton Beach Mall on June 16th from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM.
Staff members of the Community Rating System Users Group and the Palm Beach County Division of Emergency Management will be available to answer your questions and distribute practical information and tips such as:
- Do I live in a flood prone area?
- Do I need flood insurance?
- What’s the future for flood insurance rates?
- Tips for flood protection, cleanup and filing insurance claims.
- What’s the latest outlook for the 2012 hurricane season?
- What’s the County doing to help protect residents from flood risks and contain flood insurance costs?
- What’s different about the new Evacuation zones?
- Under the new maps, am I still in an evacuation zone?
- What do the new peak wind fields mean to me?
The Community Rating System Committee serves as a "one stop" flood information source for Palm Beach County residents.
Its intent is to:
- Promote greater public awareness and understanding of the flood threat in Palm Beach County
- Offer practical guidance on preparing for, mitigating against, and recovering from flood events
- Provide information on important federal, state and local loss reduction programs, services and initiatives
- Answer commonly asked questions regarding flood insurance, flood zones, warning systems, evacuation and other flood related topics
List key contacts and links where flood information and assistance can be found.
# # #