Two local stables have offered space for residents who need to evacuate their horses from flooded areas. Residents can contact the following stables for more information:
Palm Meadows Thoroughbred Training Center
Offered at no charge 1,424 stalls
8898 Lyons Road
Boynton Beach, FL, 33472
General Manager: Gary Van den Broek
Every horse must have a negative current Coggins.
Bring everything your horse will require for its stay including but not limited to all hay, feed, shavings, buckets, meds, etc.
Sunshine Meadows Equestrian Village
16668 Winners Circle Drive
Delray Beach, FL, 33446
West side of State Road 7 (441) between Clint Moore Road and Atlantic Avenue
Contact Christine for reservations and cost.
This facility is listed on the Sunshine State Horse Counsel web as an evacuation location and is currently advertising stalls for rent for horse owners in need of temporary stalls during the current weather conditions.
Post Storm Information for Horse Owners Residing in Flooded Areas
• Make all efforts to move horses to dry ground.
• Keep pastures free of debris to avoid accidents.
• Monitor storm waters as they can attract fire ants.
• Call your equine veterinarian for any injuries or health concerns
• Remove sick, aged, injured, lame or infirm horses from flooded pastures
• Keep horses away from areas of yard with septic tanks and septic fields
• Spray horses with horse fly and mosquito spray.
The County is not making a recommendation on any boarding facility and does not accept any liability for any injury, theft, or illness that could occur while boarding a horse.
For more information about horse evacuations check the website for Sunshine State Horse Counsel evacuation information:
# # #