DATE OF ISSUE: October 23, 2014
STATUS FOR OCTOBER 27, 2014 THROUGH NOVEMBER 2, 2014
*** CONSTRUCTION WORK ZONES ADDED OR CHANGED ***
*** SINCE LAST REPORT ***
1. LOCATION: Florida Mango Road between Exuma Road and Meadow Court (Village of Palm Springs and Town of Lake Clarke Shores)
DESCRIPTION: Crossing of underground utilities.
RESTRICTIONS: Florida Mango road will be closed to all traffic from 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 through 2:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 29, 2014. Traffic will be detoured via Exuma Road, Prairie Road and Forest Hill Boulevard.
2. LOCATION: Seminole Boulevard Bridge between Oswego Road and Aspen Road (west of City of West Palm Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Bridge to be removed and replaced with a culvert.
RESTRICTIONS: This section of roadway will be closed to all traffic from 9:00 a.m. on Monday, October 27, 2014 and will remain closed through Wednesday, December 31, 2014. Traffic will be detoured via Aspen Road, Osceola Road and Oswego Avenue.
3. LOCATION: Lyons Road south of SR-80/Southern Boulevard (east of the Village of Royal Palm Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Extension of right turn lane.
RESTRICTIONS: No Lane closures are expected at this time.
4. LOCATION: Palmetto Park Road at Palmetto Park Bridge over the Intracoastal (City of Boca Raton)
DESCRIPTION: Bridge painting.
RESTRICTION: There will be intermittent lane closures on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 through Friday, October 31, 2014.
5. LOCATION: Hatton Highway Bridge between SR-80 and SR-700 (East of the City of Belle Glade)
DESCRIPTION: Bridge removal and construction of a new bridge.
RESTRICTIONS: Hatton Highway is open, however, construction continues. The speed limit has been reduced to 45 MPH in the construction area only.
6. LOCATION: S.W. 18th Street and Palmetto Park Road at the Florida Turnpike (West of the City of Boca Raton)
DESCRIPTION: Two pedestrian overpasses are being removed and reinstalled.
RESTRICTION: The eastbound and westbound right lane at Palmetto Park Road and at S.W. 18th Street will be closed from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily. The pedestrian sidewalk has reopened on the south side of S.W. 18th Street.
*** UNCHANGED CONSTRUCTION WORK ZONES ***
7. LOCATION: High Ridge Road south of Hypoluxo Road (City of Boynton Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Installation of water main for the City of Boynton Beach.
RESTRICTIONS: This two lane section will have flaggers to control traffic.
8. LOCATION: Seminole Pratt Whitney Road from 60th Street North to south of Orange Boulevard (The Acreage)
DESCRIPTION: Installation of pavement marking and signing and reflective pavement markers.
RESTRICTIONS: All lanes are open.
9. LOCATION: Westgate Avenue from Congress Avenue from 300’ west of Shawnee Drive (City of West Palm Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Emergency Sewer Repair.
RESTRICTION: Repairs began Monday, September 29, 2014 at 5:30 a.m. with closures of center lane and one left through lane in each direction. Lane closures will continue through Friday, October 31, 2014.
10. LOCATION: Lyons Road from Forest Hill Boulevard to Okeechobee Boulevard (West of the City of West Palm Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Underground utilities.
RESTRICTIONS: Flaggers may be controlling traffic
11. LOCATION: Cherry Road from Seminole Boulevard to Pine Road (West of the City of West Palm Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Punch list repairs.
RESTRICTIONS: There will be lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic.
12. LOCATION: Seton Avenue and Summit Boulevard (West of the City of West Palm Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Installation of pavement markings and reflective pavement markers.
RESTRICTIONS: Flaggers will be controlling traffic.
13. LOCATION: Loxahatchee River Road over the C-18 canal (Town of Jupiter)
DESCRIPTION: Repairing the gravity wall.
RESTRICTIONS: The sidewalk will be closed during daylight hours. There may be periodic lane closures.
14. LOCATION: Flagler Memorial Bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway (City of West Palm Beach and Town of Palm Beach)
DESCRIPTION: Construction of a new bridge by the FDOT.
RESTRICTIONS: The Bridge is closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic. The Bridge is scheduled to reopen on Saturday, November 1, 2014. Traffic will be detoured via the Royal Park Bridge.