PAPA Homestead E file Email Us Call Us Visit Us
PAPA Banner


Value Adjustment Board


Q. Is there a procedure to appeal if I disagree with my market value?

A. A property owner who disputes the Property Appraiser's Office market value is welcomed to discuss the matter with a deputy appraiser by contacting our office.

If still dissatisfied, the owner can appeal to the Value Adjustment Board, an independent body consisting of two County Commissioners, one School Board member and two members at large, appointed by the County Commission and School Board. The deadline to contest the property's market value can be found on the Notice of Proposed Taxes, which is mailed in August to property owners.

Petition to Value Adjustment Board

You can also downloadAdobe PDF Document a petition form and instructionsAdobe PDF Document here or visit the Value Adjustment Board website for online petition filing. There is a $15 non-refundable filing fee per parcel.

Value Adjustment Board website