Picnic Pavilion Rental
- Before making a reservation, please read and understand the rules and regulations listed below.
- Reservations are accepted up to 90 days in advance
- It is recommended that you visit the park to make sure the pavilion and surrounding amenities will meet your needs
Click the Online Reservations buttton at the top of the page to make a reservation now.
- Glades facilities and pavilions, (561) 992-9067
- Governor Lawton Chiles Memorial Park, Delray Beach, (561) 495-9813
- Jupiter Farms Park, Jupiter, (561) 215-7340
- Westgate Park & Recreation Center, West Palm Beach, (561) 694-5455
- West Boynton Park & Recreation Center, Lake Worth, (561) 355-1125
- All other rental pavilions, (561) 966-6611
Volleyball nets, volleyballs, and tug-of-war ropes:
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis
- May be reserved in advance
- Must be picked up before your event at:
John Prince Park, 2700 6th Avenue South, Lake Worth, Florida 33461
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
Locate a rental pavilion:
Rules and Regulations
The rules noted below are intended to safeguard county parks for the enjoyment of all.
Please note that your security deposit will be returned to you provided the picnic area permitted for your use is left in a clean and orderly condition and the following rules are followed:
- Domesticated animals are allowed on park property except at beaches, pools, Riverbend Park, and other designated areas. Said animals must be restrained at all times at a distance not greater than six feet in length from their handler.
- No swimming or wading within a County park except at swimming pools and designated beaches.
- Use of tents and/or canopies must be pre-approved by designated Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department staff.
- No mechanical rides, water slides, or any form of activity that involves the use of continuous running water.
- No objects are to be inserted into the ground with the exception of 2’ x 2’ directional signs mounted on surveyor stakes (no exception at Riverbend Park). Nothing is to be attached to trees or other vegetation or to park property (ie, nails, tape, staples, glue, etc.).
- Refuse is to be deposited in trash receptacles. All directional signs and excessive refuse must be removed at the conclusion of your event. Trash bags and/or containers of trash are not to be left behind on the ground or tabletops. Note: Riverbend Park is a trash free park. Please do not leave any bags or containers of trash anywhere in the park.
- Barbeque grills have been provided; additional grills are not permitted. Please extinguish all fires in cooking areas before exiting the park. Do not remove or dispose of hot coals from the barbeque grills.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted in designated picnic areas only. Kegs are allowed only if you have been issued a permit for a pavilion.
- No firecrackers, torpedoes, rockets, or other fireworks or explosives of flammable material on park property.
- Amplified sound is not permitted (ie, bands, DJs, PA systems, large speakers, car stereos, boom boxes, etc.) at the following parks:
Boca South Inlet, Burt Reynolds, Buttonwood, Caloosa, Carlin (Beach Pavilion), County Pines Recreational Complex at Samuel Friedland, Dubois, Dyer, Glades Pioneer, Haverhill, John Prince (Osborne Pavilion), Jupiter Beach (Island), Lake Ida East, Lake Lytal, Loggerhead, Loggers’ Run, Loxahatchee Groves, Ocean Cay, Ocean Reef, Riverbend, South County Regional (Pond Apple and Cypress Pavilions), and West Boynton (Oak Pavilion).
A small, personal music device such as a radio or DVD player is acceptable. Sound shall not travel beyond 100 feet of the pavilion.
All park facility rules and regulations apply. Please refer to Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Ordinance for details.
Any and all vendors and vendor activities must be identified on the permit that is issued for authorized use of a pavilion.
- You MUST have your permit on hand at the time of your event. Please be prepared to present it upon request by Palm Beach County officials.
- Under Florida law, data provided for permitting is public record. It will be released in response to a public records request.
- Pavilion $55 +tax
- John Prince Park Center Drive Pavilion $70 +tax
Weekend or Holiday Rental
- Pavilion $155 +tax
- John Prince Park Center Drive Pavilion $205 +tax
A security deposit is required. Cancellations and fee/deposit return requests will be honored up to 30 days prior to the picnic.
All prices subject to change.
Caterers and Vendors
Picnics or special events that include caterers providing food and/or services, as well as vendors such as bands, clowns, and DJs are required to provide insurance naming Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners as additional insured. Please give us a call at (561) 966-6611 for further information.
An approved vendor list can be supplied upon request.
If your picnic includes fund-raising, is open to the public, has an admission fee, or involves selling food, your event will be classified as a Special Event. Special Events staff will evaluate your plans to determine if additional requirements apply.
The Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation Department offers a myriad of Oceanside, lakeside, and interior park locations for special events from Boca Raton to Tequesta. If you're planning a large social or fund-raising event, please contact our Special Events staff for permitting assistance.
For the special events page, please click here.
Do you have a comment
about your County
park system, services
or this website?