Peanut Island Park
- Alcohol possession or consumption is restricted to camping permit areas only.
- Peanut Island Natural Areas Beach Camping Update:
- All Natural Areas Beach Camping CLOSED until further notice due to high tide. It is available for day use only.
LOCATION: Intracoastal waterway, near the Lake Worth Inlet, Riviera Beach
ADDRESS: 6500 Peanut Island Road, Riviera Beach, Florida 33404
- day use, designated areas: sunrise - sunset
- reserved and limited camping in designated areas: see facility's website: Peanut Island Website Link
- swimming area is guarded from 9:15 am - 4:45 pm, seven days a week from Memorial Day until Palm Beach County public schools begin in August; when school starts, swimming areas will be guarded only on weekends until Memorial Day
CLASS: Special Facility
ACREAGE: 80 acres
- beach frontage, guarded and unguarded swimming beaches and snorkeling lagoon
- boat access only
- boat docks (west and east sides) (2)
- boat slips (18)
- campground, reserved tent sites (20)
- camping, natural areas beach (west side) SEE NOTICE ABOVE
- chiki huts (4)
- fishing (saltwater) in designated areas only
- fire ring, group/community (in campground) (1)
- intracoastal waterway frontage
- observation deck
- picnic pavilions, group (first-come, first-served) (2)
- picnic pavilion, group (registered camper use only) (1)
- picnic areas with grills, single table (first-come, first-served)
- pier (fishing)
- restroom facilities
- walking path, paver block
Please note: there is NO food or rental concession located on the island. Please bring all necessary items for your safety, comfort, and enjoyment.
- Palm Beach Maritime Museum and the historic John F. Kennedy Bunker. For tour information call (561) 832-7428
(not operated by Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation)
Peanut Island Park
All donations to our Gifts to Parks program will be used to directly support our parks, facilities, or programming.