Peanut Island Campground
Peanut Island will soon provide an online camping reservation system.
Please take advantage of our permit only campground as the islands Natural Area Camping locations are currently CLOSED due to high tide levels.
CALL office for status (561) 845-4445
Palm Beach County's only island park offers twenty (20) tropically landscaped, reserved campsites that include a tent pad, grill, and picnic table. The facility also features restrooms with hot indoor showers, a picnic pavilion, and a large fire ring.
- Camping is by permit only (reservations are required)
- Overnight Camping Fee: $28.00 ($31.36 w/tax) per campsite per night
- Check-in: after 1:00 pm
- Check-out: before 11:00 am
- Maximum three (3) night stay (you are limited to one (1) three (3) night stay every two (2) months)
- Cancellation: 24 hour notice must be given or a cancellation fee of 1 night will be charged.
We're sorry that we are unable to provide online registration at this time, but our friendly staff is ready to assist you with your reservation over the telephone. Reservations are accepted up to 90 days in advance by calling (561) 845-4445 or toll free (866) 383-5730. Due to Peanut Island's popularity, the voice mailbox may become full during peak times. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- A maximum of two (2) sites may be reserved by any one household.
There is a maximum of one (1) tent per site.
There is a maximum of six (6) campers per site (there must be at least one adult for every three children).
Registered guests may visit until 9:00 pm.
Sleeping is only permitted in tents. Open air sleeping in bed rolls or sleeping bags is prohibited. Sleeping on beaches, piers, docks, picnic areas, and pavilions is prohibited.
Tents must be of flame retardant, commercial manufacture.
Tents must be erected before sunset.
Sites must be continuously occupied by the registered camper.
Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm until sunrise.
Open fires are prohibited on the island. A controlled fire is permitted in the designated fire ring during good weather conditions at the discretion of the Park Supervisor.
Campsites do not have electricity. For your safety and comfort, extension cords and generators are not permitted.
Pets are permitted but must be attended at all times and kept on a secure leash not to exceed six (6) feet in length. Pets must remain on a leash at all times...even when in the water. Pet handlers are required to clean up after their pet(s). Campers are asked to limit pets to no more than two (2) per site.
Natural Areas Beach Camping is available on designated beaches located on the west-side of the island
Due to the environmentally sensitivity of the area, Natural Areas Beach Campers are asked to only establish campsites on the sandy beach only and to avoid disturbing the surrounding vegetation.
Open fires are prohibited but small barbecue grills are permitted for cooking on the beach. Please ask staff to help you disposed of your hot coals.
There are no indoor showers available in the Natural Areas. An outdoor pole shower is available at a nearby bathroom facility.
- For your safety, Natural Areas Beach Campers are required to sign in with their drivers license or other official picture ID at the park office and provide the names of all individuals staying on their site, as well as a cell phone number (if available).