It is mandatory for events in Palm Beach County parks to possess a license if selling alcoholic beverages of any kind. Failure to produce a valid liquor license at your event to law enforcement will place the event in jeopardy of being canceled. Go to the forms section of the Special Event web site for the Liquor License Requirements Form for the step by step procedures in obtaining a permit for your event.
ALCOHOL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
If no admission or similar fee is charged at any type of event and alcoholic beverages are served at no charge, the Certificate of Insurance must state that Host Liquor Liability Coverage has been secured with a minimum limit of liability of $1 million each occurrence. Go to the forms section of the Special Event web site for the Special Event permit insurance requirements.
If alcoholic beverages (including beer, wine, and spirits) are for sale at the event, the Certificate of Insurance must state that Liquor Liability coverage is included with a minimum limit of liability of $1 million each occurrence. Go to the forms section of the Special Event web site for Special Event permit insurance requirements.
It is prohibited at some of the event areas. Please contact the Special Events section for further information.
If the event involves an athletic competition or demonstration the Certificate of Insurance must state that Participant Liability coverage is included. Go to the forms section of the Special Event web site for the Special Event permit insurance requirements.
All Electrical connectors are subject to code requirements and inspection.
All extension cords must be secured in a safe manner, so as not to present a hazard to the public.
Park Ordinance 2004-022 prohibits fires except where fireplaces or grills are provided.
FOOD VENDOR REQUIREMENTS:
Vendors must read and comply with the rules of the Palm Beach County Health Department, pass inspection and comply with the following:
- Placing hot coals in trash containers is prohibited.
- Extinguish all fires and cooking areas before exiting the park.
- No cooking allowed under tented areas or canopies.
- No glass containers allowed for dispensing beverages
- No dumping of fuel allowed on street or sewerage area
- Provide an operational 5 lb. Class A or B rated fire extinguisher in each cooking area to be checked by the Fire Inspectors. No exceptions. Failure to comply will result in the vendor being shut down until a working extinguisher is provided.
- Trash must be deposited in plastic containers and secured properly.
- Secure and prevent cooking gas, helium and other combustible materials from falling and spilling. Unsecured tanks may not remain in the park.
- Helium and propane tanks must have all caps in place.
- Vendors may not sell alcoholic beverages without a liquor license and be listed on the event permit as an approved vendor.
When planning a special event, it is essential to consider the impact your event will have on parking in the area. Consider choosing a location which provides ample parking for attendees.
PARKING and UNLOADING
Vendor parking permits must be displayed on all vehicle dashboards for identification or will be towed.
Pre-approved vehicle parking and unloading areas will be strictly enforced.
PICNIC PAVILION RENTAL INFORMATION
Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis and may be made up to 90 days in advance. Before reserving your space, we suggest you visit the park to make sure the pavilion and surrounding amenities will meet your needs.
Volleyball nets, volleyballs, and tug-of-war ropes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Equipment may be reserved in advance and must be picked up at the Parks and Recreation Administration Building in John Prince Park before your event.
- Call (561) 966-6611
- Glades area residents, call (561) 996-4812
RAIN or SHINE
All events are held rain or shine. In cases of severe weather when the parks are closed, refunds or rescheduling will be permissible.
Depending on the size and location of your event, you may need to rent additional portable toilets. The Special Event Section will specify the required number if any arrangements are required.
You may be required to provide reimbursement for PBSO deputies. Requirements will be determined after a review of your application and a site meeting.
TENTS and RIDES
No staked tents or signs are allowed unless written permission is received from the Special Events Section. If stakes are driven in the ground without written permission the vendor’s ability to operate in Palm Beach County Parks may be revoked.
No motorized rides, mechanical bulls or amusements are allowed.
Every entity, including but not limited to, concessionaires, exhibitors, entertainers, etc. participating in the event must provide individual proof of insurance as described below unless insured under a master policy issued to the permittee. If a master policy is used the Certificate of Insurance submitted by the Permittee must clearly state that all such entities are “Named Insured's”. Go to the forms section of the Special Event web site for the Special Event permit insurance requirements.
Water slides are prohibited in all County Parks. Dunk tanks are allowed. This may change dependant upon the current County water restrictions. Please contact the Special Event Section for current restrictions.
A wedding ceremony may consist of the bridal party, official and guests. No equipment such as chairs, structures, etc. are acceptable on the beach. Hand-held canopies are acceptable.
- Wedding ceremonies may take place on the beach or on a park grassy area *prior to 8:30 am or after 5:00 pm, within park operational hours, (sunrise to sunset).These ceremonies may have a duration of a maximum of 20 minutes. For weddings on the beach, the appropriate County Beach Patrol must be notified for informational purposes only. North County Beach Patrol: (561) 694-7480, South County Beach Patrol: (561) 629-8770. There will be no charge for this accommodation nor will a permit be issued.*This activity does not provide exclusive use to any area. This use must not compromise the use of a reserved area by a permit holder.
- Wedding ceremonies requiring chairs, structures, etc. will be allowed at permitted rental pavilions only. If unavailable, an alternate date or location would need to be considered for permitting.
- Wedding requests for ceremonies and receptions will only be accommodated at rental facilities. The request will follow all general policies and guidelines for the permitted facility/area. (Excluding Boca South Inlet)
- Alcoholic beverage consumption is allowed at reserved pavilions with a departmental authorized permit.
- Alcoholic beverages, food, and merchandise sales are not allowed.