If you wish to file a consumer dispute with Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs, you must understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I am a private individual 18 years of age or older who has made a purchase of goods or services (including landlord-tenant issues) for my own personal or household use.
- I understand that all information and statements on the Dispute Form and accompanying supporting documents will be maintained as public record available for inspection except for items exempted under Section 119 F. S.
- Consumer Affairs Investigators are not attorneys and should not in any way be considered legal counsel. The staff attempts to resolve disputes between the parties through informal mediation and cannot compel the parties to settle their dispute in a way to obtain a specific outcome.
- Consumer Affairs reserves the right to reject, take no action or refer dispute forms if they do not relate to businesses operating in Palm Beach County, Florida; contain profane, vulgar or threatening language or are under the jurisdiction/regulation of another agency.
- You, the Consumer, understand that whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with the intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his official duty shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in Section 775.082, 775.083 or 837.06, F. S.
Use this option if you need to mail or fax us copies of receipts, contracts or other documents with your dispute form.
Most users select this option.
Use this option if you have NO supporting documents you need to send us with your dispute.
Helpful Information for Filing Consumer Disputes