The purpose of Contractors Certification is to promote, protect and improve the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Palm Beach County through a contractors certification and regulation system; to assure compliance with state and county construction licensing regulations; and to minimize losses to the public due to unlawful conduct of both certified and uncertified contractors.
Please be advised that:
- Your Contractor Certificate of Competency has expired.
- There will be no further extensions on your license renewal by the Department .
- With an expired license, you are not able to apply for permits or schedule permit inspections.
- Should you enter into a contract with an expired certificate or hold yourself out as a licensed contractor; you may be subject to citations, fines, disciplinary proceedings and criminal prosecution.
- You must file for renewal of your contractor certificate of competency in order to contract work.
- An additional late fee of $25 per month in addition to the license renewal fee is applicable.
*Rules and Regulations changes effective October 1, 2015: # 11 Credit Reports & # 12 Background Checks.
Rules and Regulations link: http://www.pbcgov.com/pzb/Contractors/rulesandregs.pdf
* County Contractors only: Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you better. Please help us by taking a few minutes to tell us about the service received during our 2015 County Contractors Licensing Renewal process. Please click on the customer survey link below which will be available until midnight Monday, 11/09/2015.. We appreciate your business and input and want to make sure we meet your expectations.
|PZB’s Contractor Enrollment Countywide|
|The Palm Beach County Planning, Zoning, & Building (PZB) Department is making it easier for construction contractors to do business throughout Palm Beach County.
Currently, contractors must enroll with the county to work in unincorporated areas. They must also enroll with individual municipalities to work in incorporated areas. That’s a lot of time and paperwork, and could also mean a lot of money.
To speed things up, contractors who enroll with Palm Beach County will now have their information available to participating municipalities without having to re-enroll. Member cities have the option of accessing the information through the county’s website or they can employ an automated process to obtain information.
Municipalities are expected to sign on soon. For details, please call the Palm Beach County Contractors Certification Division at 561-233- 5525.